Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 3 Feeling Good!

Ok, NO this will not turn into a blog about my new healthy life. BUT, for now, yep that is what it is! Today I walked twice, once this morning and again this evening. It relaxes me, gives me time to think about things and a welcomed break from the kids being home on Spring Break. I drank 80 oz. of water today and wrote down all of what I ate for the day. I will share.....small bagel with tsp. cream cheese for breakfast, broccoli with butter salt for lunch, some grapes in between lunch and dinner, 4oz. steak, baked potato with a tsp. butter and more broccoli for dinner. I feel totally full and have yet to feel the need to run grab the bag of Doritos..LOL. I need suggestions for what I am going to do on Thursday when it rains all day??? I will not walk in the rain (yes, I would melt, I am made out of sugar ya know). I have an Elliptical machine, isn't that for hanging clothes on though?? No, really, I hate it! My feet hurt when I am on it, it seems so long and boring, so help me! OK, so maybe a little pain and extra time would be OK, or not?

3 comments:

Brown =) said...

I love the elliptical. I absolutely HATED it in the beginning, but I promise, like everything in exercise, keep doing it and it gets easier. AND it's great on the knees and builds your quads and hamstrings so your knees wont hurt (little tip I know from my job!)

Broccoli is good!

Keep it up! I'm checking in everyday :)

Becky said...

Hey M: I too think of my treadmill as a really expensive (and bulky) clothes rack.

Here's a few food *tricks* for you. I haven't tried them but I thought they sounded good...

Instead of pasta, make spaghetti using a spaghetti squash. It's a little crunchier than pasta but as far as taste goes, it takes on the flavor of the sauce. Plus, no complaints from the rest of the crew b/c they can just eat regular pasta… hands off your squash…

Also..

Instead of potato chips, make pita chips. Use pita wedges, sprayed with olive oil Pam and sprinkle on some spices before baking them. You control the oil and the flavor so you know exactly what you’re eating.

Enjoy ;)

Michelle said...

B~ Thanks so much for the pita chips, that is my downfall! I will try that this weekend and let you know how they were!

Brown, did the elliptical today for 5 minutes, GAWD, seemed like an hour! Hopefully it will get easier!

Thanks for your support, you both ROCK!