Monday, November 12, 2007

What I am Thankful for.......

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what I don't have that I easily forget what I do have. I am so thankful first off for my Savior Jesus Christ, without him I wouldn't be where I am today. There have been many trials and tribulations in my life, he sees me through them all. I am thankful for my husband, without his unconditional love and support I couldn't be the wife and mother that I am . He is a blessing not only to me but to my children. How many men at the age of 24 would take on 3 kids that don't belong to them and love them as if they were his own? He is a wonderful father to our son and an awesome step-dad to our children. I am thankful for my children, they are my life. They keep me on my toes, teach me things I never knew they could teach me and I am so very proud of each one of them. It is a blessing to be their mom. I am thankful for my mom, takes a strong woman to raise 2 kids after a divorce. She did it, she struggled, she sacrificed, she worked a lot and today she would tell you that if she could do it all over there are things she would have done differently, I think she did ok. I am proud of my mom.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for the knowledge of my First son's whereabouts. To know he is alive and well gives me more than I could ever ask for. I lived 10 years with so many thoughts as to what could have happened to him and his family and now I have the peace of mind of knowing he is right where I left him, with his mom and his sister, alive and well. I am thankful for his family, even in these days that I think they have done me wrong, they have done what I asked them to do, raise him,love him,and make him part of their family....can I really ask for more than this?

There is so much to be thankful for, all we have to do is look around.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You have inspired me to get busy being thankful. What a beautiful post!!!!! ((((hugs)))) and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Michelle said...

I try to remind myself everyday of what I should be thankful for. Thanks for reminding me what means the most to me. I can think of one thing that I'm thankful for right at this very moment...YOU...I'm thankful that I can call you my friend. Happy Thanksgiving to you too sis!